Welcome to the Collectible Corner blog!

Do you love strolling through flea markets and antique malls? Do you spend hours on the internet scrolling through collectibles categories at marketplaces such as Ebay and Bonanza? Do your palms get sweaty when you find something precious and rare for $1 at a garage sale? Are YOU a collector?
Then follow me! I'll show you tips and tricks for cleaning that oddity you found tucked away in Great-Aunt Polly's attic. I'll talk about how to find a deal and how to spot a fake. I'll share links to some interesting finds. But mostly, we'll just talk about collecting!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Collectibles for Christmas? Support Small Businesses and Score Great Finds!

Can you believe it's that time of year already?  While big retailers got a very early start (I saw the first Christmas-themed commercial on tv way back on October 15!), and will be competing for your holiday shopping dollars in big ways, you might want to consider supporting small businesses instead this year.

Sellers in the online marketplace are gearing up for the holiday shopping season with special deals, discounts and free shipping to lure you in.  You can avoid the malls, shop in your jammies and get great deals on unique gifts that will be appreciated and remembered long after the holiday is over.

No big secret that my favorite marketplace is Bonanza.   If you haven't shopped there before, don't be turned away by the fashion-centric home page.  Trust me, there's a ton of great collectibles on this site that boasts "Everything but the Ordinary".  In the next few weeks I'll share with you some of my favorite sellers and their unique wares.  Hopefully you'll find the perfect gifts for your friends and family!

Brad Peterson's Glass Art  is the place to go for unique, one-of-a-kind glass jewelry and art.  I've made a few purchases from Brad over the last couple of years.  The pendants always get compliments when I wear them, and deservedly so - beautifully crafted, they are wearable pieces of art.  My most recent purchase, which I just received yesterday, is a stunning sandblasted piece  that was created from a photo I sent him.  This girl was my husband's favorite cat, and she'll be a gift to him for Christmas this year. I can't wait for him to open it on Christmas morning!


Brad creates and sells everything from Bookmarks and keychains, necklaces,  and drop-dead gorgeous wall art, bowls and vases.  His customer service is exceptional, he ships quickly and BONUS!  He's a great guy.

New Millenium Beatnik sells an eclectic mix of items.  My favorites are her own jewelry and ornament creations.  The ornaments are created from re-puposed vintage jewelry findings and each is a unique work of art.  I own a few of them, and they sparkle on my tree!  Perfect for gifting to anyone just starting out and making their own holiday traditions.

Ooak Vintage Austria RS Jewelry Christmas Ornament w Bead

Her jewelry creations are beautiful, unique pieces that showcase her talent for blending complementary colors and materials.  I love this peachy necklace!  Who wouldn't want to find this under the tree on Christmas morning?

NMB Handmade Necklace Peach Faux Baroque Pearl Copper Beads


Liz at New Millenium Beatnik ships quickly and provides great customer service.  Just two of the many reasons she's one of my favorite sellers!

I'll be posting more great gift ideas from online sellers over the next few weeks.  Remember to support small business this season, the best way to grow our economy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors