Welcome to the Collectible Corner blog!

Do you love strolling through flea markets and antique malls? Do you spend hours on the internet scrolling through collectibles categories at marketplaces such as Ebay and Bonanza? Do your palms get sweaty when you find something precious and rare for $1 at a garage sale? Are YOU a collector?
Then follow me! I'll show you tips and tricks for cleaning that oddity you found tucked away in Great-Aunt Polly's attic. I'll talk about how to find a deal and how to spot a fake. I'll share links to some interesting finds. But mostly, we'll just talk about collecting!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Just 31 days till Christmas!

My favorite time of year!  It always sneaks up on me, no matter how often I say I'm going to start early.  And this year is no exception!

If you're planning on doing some online shopping for your holiday, remember that the post office is usually a little slow as their volume increases.  So buy early, and make sure your seller isn't shipping by slow boat!  

Small sellers on marketplaces like Ebay and Bonanza are busy with their own holiday preparations.  They've spiffed up their stores and booths and added lots of new listings to maximize your shopping pleasure.  Just be sure you ask ahead of time how quickly they'll ship and what their shipping method is, so you don't have disappointment down the line!  Nothing is more frustrating than finding that absolutely PERFECT gift, and then not getting it in time to tuck it under the tree.

A good online seller will answer your emails quickly.  I'd be wary of those who don't attend to their communications on a regular basis.  If they are slow to get back to you, they may also be slow to ship!  Which is a disaster waiting to happen at this time of year.

If you're looking for collectibles from vintage to newer, please stop by and visit me at www.Bonanza.com/CollectibleCornerYou never know what you'll find!

Happy shopping!

1 comment:

Visitors