Welcome to the Collectible Corner blog!

Do you love strolling through flea markets and antique malls? Do you spend hours on the internet scrolling through collectibles categories at marketplaces such as Ebay and Bonanza? Do your palms get sweaty when you find something precious and rare for $1 at a garage sale? Are YOU a collector?
Then follow me! I'll show you tips and tricks for cleaning that oddity you found tucked away in Great-Aunt Polly's attic. I'll talk about how to find a deal and how to spot a fake. I'll share links to some interesting finds. But mostly, we'll just talk about collecting!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas from Collectible Corner!

Fuzzle waits for Santa Claus

 The shopping is done, the presents are wrapped, the baking is complete ... time to relax and enjoy the holiday!

This year's disaster!  Before we constructed a barrier.
At our house, the cats enjoy the season as much as we do - for very different reasons!  This year we had to transition to a tabletop tree so that little Fuzzle wouldn't climb it.  He did some serious damage to our 7-foot tree last year!  And this year was looking equally disastrous until we piled the wrapped presents around the tree.  He's quite disappointed that he can't get under there and knock the darn thing over, but I'm thrilled not to have to re-decorate every couple of days like I did last year.

This is my favorite time of year.  Finding the perfect gift for everyone I love, baking goodies to share with the elderly couple down the street, selecting toys for the annual toy drive, digging for change to put in Santa's red kettle outside the store ... to me its all about the giving.  Like the reborn Scrooge, I try to keep Christmas in my heart all year but as the holiday grows closer its somehow amplified.  

This year, I gave myself a gift.  If you've visited before, you'll notice that my blog has been redesigned.  Thanks to the very talented Monique of CleosFleaMarket on Bonanza, I now have more ways to share with you.  If you hover over the "My Stores" tab at the top, you'll see three choices.  Click on any of them, and it will let you view that store without ever leaving this blog.  Not a link, but the actual store available for your browsing pleasure right here on my blog.  The other tabs give me more room to share information with you, so I don't have to try to crowd everything onto one page.  I hope you enjoy the new experience!

Both the joy and the downside to being an online business is that you spend most of every day alone in your home in front of your computer.  I'm blessed to have found Bonanza three years ago, whose community is one that embraces its members and treats them like family.  We give each other encouragement and support.  We rally around those who become ill, or suffer losses;  we join in the celebration when a seller reaches a personal milestone; we send each other Christmas cards and partake in that classic workplace event, Secret Santa.  We become friends somehow, despite the impersonal and sterile atmosphere of the internet.  

I'm proud and pleased to be a member of the Bonanza community.  I hope you'll remember us when you're on the hunt for unique collectibles, as well as gifts, fashion accessories, hand crafted items and so much more!

But today's post isn't about trying to sell you anything.  From the bottom of my heart, I want to wish you all a very happy, joyous, Merry Christmas!

A little nap before the next attack!


Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors